Monday, June 18, 2007

Young But Older

I feel so old being 20 but yet I'm still so very young and I have a whole life ahead of me still waiting to be discovered and explored. Some days I'll feel like not doing a thing while on other days I feel like I can do anything. Maybe it's because I just realize everyday that is slowly going by without a trace but yet it's going by so fast. A contradiction that never seeks to stall itself. Time is a strange thing, yet if you think about it time doesn't truly exist. Without a 24 hour day period, without night or day, and without the turning of our planet, it doesn't exist but, neither would a lot of other things of course, but however, time does exist. This manifestation of the human mind grows longer and longer but yet again it's so shortly lived once it has passed us by. It's just weird to think that in 30 years I'll be 50 and when I was young time seemed much longer and slower but now that I realize the true workings of a year it seems to be going by even faster now that I grew up. Maybe it was just youth that made me perceive this slowing down of time and as I gradually grew time just slipped away because I didn't pay attention. The thing that is most strange to me is how the first twenty years took so long to obtain but now I realize how quickly these years are flying by for me anymore. I truly can't believe I'll be 21 in less than six months. These years, they don't feel like full years to me anymore like they used to for some strange reason but, it's just what it is and I accept it.

You can learn a lot from time when you look back upon history and see how everything has changed over the years, even in 3 years a lot changes. Even in six months the way you live today will change.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very interesting consideration, I sometime stop too to think about time, but while I stop thinking of it does not stop, time is in and outside me too; so odd. Anyhow, many things can change in what we call time, it's a healer, it's a friend who can run fast and sometimes is really slow, yet it teaches to always going on, as I won't be forever like it is...
ciao from Rome
freddie

Acquaintance said...

Freddie: Thanks, I agree time is a healer and yeah as you can tell time goes both ways for me, slow and fast. It depends on how things are going in my life. Time always teaches me something different with every year that passes by.

I'll be by to read some of your writing. One more thing, I can't wait to go to Italy when I have a chance to, that's such a beautiful country.

Anonymous: Thanks for the link, I will visit when I have the time to. Also, what is the name of your blog so I can come by?

Everyone: I've been going out of town a lot lately so when I'm out of town I'll post a notice above my music display.

Diane Dehler said...

Time is such a conundrum and I think perhaps one is never so old as one is at twenty. You will get younger again... Drink deeply of the experiences of life; open the heart, learn things. These are some of the secrets of eternal youth. :) I know it's not my place to say anything but...the military is such a dangerous place these days. Couldn't you learn to be a mechanic with jet blue or one of the other new airlines? We wouldn't want anything to happen to our twenty year old blog friend.

Acquaintance said...

Oh Haiku hush about it's not your place to say anything lol, you can say whatever you feel is comforting to me, I love your words. I thrive off of words and words about the military is a topic I need as many words as possible. I will intoxicate myself drunk with those experiences of life, my heart was already opened but now you've made that opening wider. But, I know, the military is so dangerous, I am afraid but there are some learning skills that I can only receive from the military and I've thought about aviation companies but idk it's still really clouded in my mind of what I'm going to do but I'm probably going to go to college first. It is a tough and touchy subject to me but that's why I am how I am and that person inside me is a person who cares and is really responsible. I highly highly appreciate you caring for me Haiku and I thank you so much. Please Haiku take care of yourself too, because one day if I'm ever in San Francisco I'd like to visit you. Thanks for your concerns about me. :D Thank you Haiku you always make my day, well in this case night, better. I'll sleep tight tonight.

mystic rose said...

mavin,
what you wrote here is so close to my reply to your comment about you being twenty. :)

yes, time goes by fast.. too fast in fact and you wonder where it all went.. the minutes seem to drag by slowly, but life is just too fast.

enjoy your traveling etc..
and stay well. and enjoy being young. :)

Unknown said...

I remember my dad told me at 50, time has so passed by and I did not do so many things. I could feel his regret. I think to myself that I don't want to think that when I am 50. So, I try to live each day as precious. Do what you want to. No point being scared and regretting later. Hope this makes some sense :)