Wednesday, May 30, 2007

An Old Friend

I found my old Cornet, it's so beautiful in aspect. That tarnished shiny chrome brass and the feeling of holding it again, it's been years since I've handled this cornet but it's time to get back in touch with old feelings again. I thought this instrument was long gone, never to be found again deep into the lost abyss of my attic. Although I can't completely play on it yet until I fix the spit valve with a new cover. OOOHHH but I tried it out without the spit valve and already I didn't want to stop playing on it. But I need to take some refreshment lessons to get my groove back. It's amazing how much you can forget when you stop playing for 6 years...........however the talent is still there after these long years of being away from a friend.

1 comment:

mystic rose said...

enjoy. its always nice dusting off old skills and enjoying them again, quite joyful actually.

I regret giving up my music as well.

this song is great. no luck uploading ur files to odeo? try converting them to mp3s.