Monday, January 15, 2007

Nocturnal Nights

This poem is one I wrote for a friend and we always smoked underneath an outside covered balcony while sitting on a leather couch in the cold as we drank coffee while wrapped in a blanket. Everytime I would shiver she would tell me to take a deep breath and hold it in then release it very slowly. She said it's a type of body relaxation technique. It's very helpful when dealing with situations or just from being cold in the outside weather. Use it in a stressful time of life it may come in handy.




One Night With A Nocturnal Friend



The cold air you breathe, is it the best you've ever felt?

Shivering in the wind,

calm down,

take a deep breath,

exhale slowly to relax the body,

drink your hot coffee,

receiving warmth to help let the throat melt.


Fire erupts lighting the balcony,

puff, puff,

taking in gas from a white cylinder,

substances flows through the veins to give her tranquility.


Wrapped in a blanket trying to keep warm together,

she lies her head on mine,

both looking upon the skyline,

sitting on one square made from leather.


Wind chill,

the shakes begin,

calm down,

take a deep breath,

hold it for a while,

now exhale slowly again.


Possessing a device that emits fire,

a green rectangular prism in your grasp,

slipping two poles out from inside,

"Want another", you ask?

Sure, why not, I might quit soon and retire.


Time elapsed without a trace,

so comfortable here feeling completely devoid,

a space to run to from my life I avoid,

now I must leave and go back to my place.


Wait, wait, lets have a big hug together,

telling one another we love one another, it'll be alright,

finally letting go we say goodbye for the night,

starting my journey back I realize, her name is Heather.


by Mavin

No comments: