Monday, August 13, 2007

Cicada Of Thought


You are my favorite insect
who flew below me
in the grass by surprise
I grabbed you while you resisted.

You flapped and flapped
and flapped your wings
but I didn't let go.

I took you in my house
only to watch as you flew from
corner to corner in my room.

You nestled yourself up high at first
then you tried to penetrate
my old cedar wood moldings
to feast upon sap.

There was nothing to eat
but still you stayed up high
no even a move.

But while typing on my computer you flew
hit me once in the head then floated off
to graze the ceiling.

You came down and stopped on the wood molding again
I took my camera and snapped the shot.

From there on you stayed
til you flew back to the ceiling of my room
and now rest.



4 comments:

mystic rose said...

:).

Oh, I like this one, mavin.

did you try ot catch him and let him go again?
"hit me once in the head then floated off
to graze the ceiling." :))).

Acquaintance said...

Thanks Mystic, I'm glad you loved it! :D

I know there is no to tell, but he is actually a she, lol, :P But no I let her stay in my roon til the next morning. The only sad thing though was my cat got to her before I did. Her wings were a little messed up but she was still able to fly when I let her go so it was no problem.

LOL, that's my favorite part too becuase I wasn't going to write about that til it happened as I was writing this poem, glad you read and caught that! :D

skinnylittleblonde said...

LOL, last night I was out by the mailbox when thump! one landed on my arm. I froze, checking out the intricacy of its' wings & then it zapped itself away. I guess I'm not so delectable.hahaha...they are awesome little creatures.

Acquaintance said...

Hi SLB,
ROTFL :P I suppose you're not so tasty. Their wings, YES! Aren't they incredible, it's the one thing that makes them so amazing. And have you ever looked at thier foreheads to see the three little jewels embeded there?

I need to wirte a post about Cicadas before the summer is out.

Peace