Sunday, August 26, 2007

I Miss Fall


I don't now why I haven't really liked the summer this year, it's been good. I like summer for the good insects not the bad and for swimming, for plant life and thunderstorms but just the heat and humidity mainly is what I'm tired of. Because of the heat and mosquitoes that just won't ever quit eating me up even when I put on insect repellent. I miss the winter and want it to be cold. To be able to drink coffee outside and not turn into a sweat towel, to bundle up and be warm from the cold next to that special someone you want to be with. I miss winter and fall especially.

Isn't it strange that every time it's winter I want it to be warm again and then when it's summer I want it to be cold again? I think it depends on the person you are? If you've lived in cold climates you'll like the heat better because you don't get the chance to experience it, if you're a person like me who has lived in a hot climate all of your life you'll end up loving the cold better. But honestly, it just depends because there are things I love about the summer but I'm just in the writing mood for cold climates. I've dealt with 100 degree heat and almost 100% humidity too much this summer from working and even living in it and have grown tired of the scorching heat, in fact I've almost had a heat stroke from it. I just want a change, because I know as soon as the cold gets here I'm gonna want it to be warm again and the contradiction repeats itself once again. lol :P But I do know that I'll be able to handle the cold for a while once it rides in with the first cold front and I can deal with the frigid temperatures better than I can hot.

But honestly, I just wish the weather in autumn would stay forever, that's my favorite weather, it's not too hot and not too cold and I love that time of year. To see all the red, yellow, and orange leaves fall to the ground while the winds throws them everywhere. I want to play in the autumn leaves again or even just rest in the fallen leaves while listening to music on my Ipod while feeling the winds blowing against my skin. That soothing cool wind that only fall can offer. But no worry, fall will be here in the next two months to come, and I'm waiting. :)




I wish I had a better picture to go with this post but sadly I don't, when fall comes around I'll write and take many photos to share with y'all.


8 comments:

Clezevra said...

true, but then, for a person like me who live in india, half the year's HOT, the other half's COLD. so there's not much to choose and yet i wish for the other, always.
fall's my fav, too.

Anonymous said...

:) hi kevo I got the cd! I love it.. its different then the other one though. He used the special effects and I'm still iffy on it. either way he's brilliant but i think I preferred his natural voice slightly more.

thank you so much for sending it to me kev. I love you to death! tell him i think its wonderful ok? :)

hey, get a facebook

Acquaintance said...

Hi Clezevra :D

Haven't heard from you in awhile. :D

It's the same here in Texas, there's not much of a climate difference except for heat and cold. In between those two seasons, Autumn however is really nice but it only lasts for about a little less than two months then it's freezing again and i want it to be warm again. Then during Spring which is a nice season but that's when it starts to get humid and nasty outside and i want it to be cold again. But the best part is watching everything come to life during Spring.

Autumn is my favorite season mainly because I love to see the colors of the leaves and watch them fall to the ground to play around in. :D

Take care. :)

Acquaintance said...

Clouds!!!

How did you get the CD so fast, I sent it almost exactly at 3:00pm yesterday? LOL It should have taken at least two days, at least.

Oh wait a minute I know exactly what happened..... OMG I'm really lucky for this too. USPS must have mistaken it for over night shipping instead of Priorty Mail, i paid for priorty mail but someone somewhere must have accidentally put it with the over night shipping packages because it should not have arrived yet, not til at least Wednesday. I sent it off a little more than 24 hours ago. I can't believe that, that is pure luck. :D

But yeah I actually thought the same thing on this album. Josh's music on this album is more experimental than his old stuff. But I love Correlations, that's such a great song just the first set of lyrics " I am electric wire, I am rotting wood, I am the empty space, where I once stood.


You're welcome, you know I'm good for it, rofl. :D


I love you beyond death, lol, and I'll always endlessly miss you. You the damn best..est, lol :P
Oh god Heather I miss you soo much. Damn I miss you!!!! :D :) (relieving sigh as I think about you)


PS - Hey, I've had a facebook profile forever lol where the hell have you've been? I have the website link on my blog.... silly lol,.... I love you. :D I've been searching to see if you had one but facebook turned up nothing so i quit looking. Send me an invite if you find me. :D My profile pic is an F-22 Raptor Fighter Jet.

Anonymous said...

ok yeah i supersuck rofl i can't find it mr.! so email? :D idk what to search for you under either..

:D cool it got overnighted to me! I'm just glad I've got it. Glad he's experimenting just remind the dude that plain sometimes isn't a bad thing. Thats the only problem i've got with it i love the lyrics to all of his songs! haha btw thats my fav song also! :D I absolutly loved the beginning!

singleton said...

I can't miss the fall, we just don't have it, leaves don't change colors, you just wake up one day and they're floating in the pool! I know it's beautiful! Post those pics!

Anonymous said...

i love the winter. the white of it. the carhartt jackets, and the heavy boots of it.

i love hot cocoa, and snuggling and heavy sweaters, and the smell of bread baking.

i've gotten so i hate the heat of summer. i spent a lot of time this august checking out yellowknife's weather! right now, i think if a furry, funny-looking man from the great white north said, come with me to the snow, and be my wife..i'd say yeah, baby!

mystic rose said...

hey mavin,
i was here a while back so i kind of understood what was happening,
thngs are looking better now, right? :)

you seem to be more upbeat. time always apsses mavin, the only hting ot remember, whether we are going through good times, or bad,
is "this too shall pass" :))

its too chilly for me right now, i have a high fever, and i feel like i want to sit by a fire.

take care, mavin/kevin. :)