Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Once Upon A Time



Yet unknown to my mind,
You came with a simple hello.
It was nice for me to find,
Someone I could follow.

You know who you are,
I don't have to mention.
I wish you weren't so far,
I loved being in your dimension.

When my heart turns grey,
From the lonely times missing.
Your notions in my head stays,
Many thoughts, even one of us kissing.

You showed me so many musical bands,
Of all the music we were listening.
In your room the sound strands,
While the lights in your eyes were glistening.

You introduced me to guy named Josh Glenn,
I can't help but remember those lyrics we sang.
While his voice rung with ours in a spin,
Describing a damaged view from a perfect window frame.

Your bunny named Semi,
Hopped around your apartment.
Sprinting faster than a blink of an eye,
Then rested on a rug made of carpet.

I remember a valued time,
When we sat on your balcony.
Frigid air shivered my spine,
But kept warm with your company.

Another time when you made me enchiladas,
Remembering chicken entangled with cheese.
I cleaned three plates of three enchiladas,
You made my stomach very pleased.

We went out to have a smoke,
On the balcony outdoors.
We sat with the view of hope,
High up on the third floor.

Before you could ask,
I snuck out two cigarettes quickly.
Together there our moments passed,
While time flew by endlessly.

You taught me an African phrase that night,
Something I'll never forget from you.
"Alles sal reg kom meisie, ek het lief vir jou"

Now you're gone and I miss you,
Night out and day in.
When the next time we'll see us two,
We'll hug our bodies for the first time again.





11 comments:

mystic rose said...

mavin,
this is awesome! and sweet!
all of a sudden you are so inspired. guess you found ur passion. :)

Acquaintance said...

Hi Mystic,
Thanks, I'm a sweet guy and as I said before I'm very caring, I miss her a lot though and idk why but I just felt like writing it mainly becuase of the reason, the others I wrote because I love to write. :)

I just all of a sudden been wanting to write, idk why either? It is a passion that I love. :D

Take care.

Bob Dylan said...

Have I ever told you how much i like your blogs?
great stuff!

Acquaintance said...

Bob? Really is that you, you've got to be joking? I hope to see you in Austin coming this Sept at ACL. :)

Anyways, thanks for your comment and btw no you haven't told me how much you like my blogs, this is the first time you've commented here unless you have in the past and somehow it didn't come through, I'm glad you like my blog and what I've written. :D

There's more to come I just haven't written them yet but the thoughts are clear.

Bob I feel so astonished you read my poems. Your music's fantastic I really do hope I can see you at ACL.

Take care. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh kevo thats amazing.. :)Remember the first time i found out you lived right down the street from me and you were friends with all those crazy guys on the first floor! :)we had so much fun together! Oh an the concert we went to! I miss watching the crazy ol people play golf and hit cars.. oh and the crazy clouds!

I love you kevo. You'll always be my bestest buddy.

Anonymous said...

btw great photo of the apartments god i miss san an

Acquaintance said...

Heather! I was waiting for you to comment! :D Yes I do remember, it was by email, I still have that email saved btw. :)

Now they live in a house when they moved out to just as soon as I started hanging out with you and my brother Jeremy moved in with them.

We had sooo much fun together, I miss you so much! The Toby Keith concert, lol, I remember the money they shot out of the canons. Rofl :P That it is fun to see, then the people stop to see what hit them.

OMG! Heather I have so many photos of crazy clouds of san antonio you've got to see! One of them is the one down below. I snapped that apartment shot last night but I didn't like trying to get the shot because they were people evrywhere and I looked suspicous getting the photo since my camera lights up a green light when taking a photo, so I quickly snapped the shot and walked off immediately.

Oh btw I can tell Norman doesn't live there anymore because when I looked at your big balcony the couch was gone and there were plants everywhere on the balcony and on the other small balcony the BBQ pit was gone and now replaced with a plastic table and chairs set.

Like I said before regardless of things, get down here if you can but I know things are busy in your life.

I miss you so much! I love you too! You're the gretest, I hope to see you soon.

Take care okay,

Mavin

singleton said...

"We sat with the view of hope,
High up on the third floor"

passion does you well, my friend!

Acquaintance said...

Hi Singleton,
Thanks, I suppose passion has been leading me.


Take care :)

mystic rose said...

Missing is good. In fact, they say its one of the best things, and not just creatively. :)

ANd yes, you are blessed(and she) to have found such love/affection.
:)

Acquaintance said...

Hey Mystic,
Missing is good, it makes me realized even more of how much I love who it is I miss.

lol, I know I am. :) I wish she could come visit me again to share more of that love and affection.

Take care Mystic.