Thursday, November 22, 2007

44 years have passed


(Photo courtesy from HistoryPlace.com)




Does anyone else find this interestingly strange but Thanksgiving this year is on the 44th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22nd, 1963 in Dallas, Texas? How strange but then again it's not.

Even though I wasn't alive when he was around I always found him to be one of my favorite Presidents of the United States when I did research on him.

I'm posting up some famous quotes by JFK to remember him by and that I love to read.




"A man does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality."


"A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on."


"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."



"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."


"For time and the world do not stand still. Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future."



"History is a relentless master. It has no present, only the past rushing into the future. To try to hold fast is to be swept aside."


"I'm an idealist without illusions."


"If anyone is crazy enough to want to kill a president of the United States, he can do it. All he must be prepared to do is give his life for the president's."


"If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him."


"If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity."


"In a very real sense, it will not be one man going to the moon it will be an entire nation. For all of us must work to put him there."


"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."


"Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all."


"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."


-John F. Kennedy




HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!



2 comments:

Diane Dehler said...

Dear Mavin,
This is a wonderful post and I agree with you about John F. Kennedy. His quotations are marvelous; he was a most eloquent man. It was a tragedy that he was taken before his time and honorable of you to remember him in this way. He particularly loved young people and encouraged them to get involved with life and use their full potential. One thing though.. Is this the 44th anniversary?

Acquaintance said...

Woops my mistake, I just came on here and read that and realized I had that wrong, I went ahead and fixed that real quick, sorry about that I didn't realized I had 64 instead of 44. I was thinking 44 but I typed out 64 and didn't realized it for some reason. But anyways he was one incredible man and I wish he was still around during his time and today too. I just wonder how different this world would be to day if he had still been around?

Takce care Haiku.